Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Numero uno!

Well this is my first post!! I've been reading blogs for a couple months and I love reading them so I thought why not make one too! There are so many different things for the blog page so if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thankfully finals are done and I started my new job yesterday! I'm now a bakery clerk at the lovely Hy-vee! I absolutely love it so far. We get to make so many yummy things and we're constantly busy. I hate standing around doing nothing because the time goes by soo slow!

Conference is this weekend so everyone has to stay an extra week for practice. Yesterday we had a workout that consisted of 2x(600, 400, 200) and then a hard 1000m. It wasn't too bad because the beginning was controlled. I hit both my 600's at 1:58; 400's at 76; and 200 at 38. Coach wanted me to get my 1000 in 2:25 and I hit 2:21 so it was a good workout! Today is a long day so I'm thinking about going 8 miles or so, I'll wait and see what the other girls have in mind.

I'm trying to hit 16:57 for the 5k which is automatic time for nationals. Its so frustrating cause I keep hitting such a close time! I'm stuck at the 17:00 wall! This weekend I'll be racing 2 girls that have hit 16:50 so my plan is to stay with them!

...I feel like I'm rambling so I'm gonna stop there! haha

I'll try and figure out how to post pictures to show you guys what my super yummy breakfast is! Hopefully it's not too difficult haha

Lets see if this works right...

Angela

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow girl!! 17 min 5k, hellaz legit!! I'm in Missouri too :) I'll be running for Southeast Missouri State next year as a sophomore. I would poop myself if I got that fast! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, i thought the same thing at the beginning of this school year! I came into cross never breaking 20 minutes for the 5k and then conference got 18:45 and indoor got it down to 17:02 and finished 9th at nationals! it's been crazy crazy! I bet you'll suprise yourself next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy!! I haven't ran a 5k since winter and I ran a 22:40 during a 4mile race so we'll see where I'm at. I trained for a half marathon, so now it's time to get back and strong for 5ks! hoping for 19's or 20's. That'd be nice :)

    ReplyDelete